Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

12-6-06 Psalms 13:1, 2

Psalms 13:1, 2 (KJ21)
(To the chief musician: A Psalm of David.)
How long wilt Thou forget me, O LORD? For ever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

Psalms 13:1, 2 (NAS)
(For the choir director. A Psalm of David.)
How long, O LORD? Wilt Thou forget me forever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

Psalms 13:1, 2 (NIVUS)
(For the director of music. A psalm of David. )
How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Psalms 13:1, 2 (NLT)
(For the choir director: A psalm of David.)
O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand?




As you get older, have you noticed temporary lapses of memory? Perhaps you meet someone whom you know, but you momentarily forget that person's name. You awkwardly try to steer the conversation so that you will not be in a position to call that name. You do not want the other one to know that you have forgotten them and you do not want to be embarrassed, for you know that no one wants to be forgotten, even if it is only temporary.

The Lord your God has created you to excel and to be a bright light in this dark world. He has made you preeminent and enduring; you are to be a chief and overseer among men. Because of this, you often have a song or melody of praise in your heart and on your lips. You know you are the beloved of Adonai your God.

Even with this knowledge, there may be times when you think that the Most High God has forgotten you. It may appear that He is ignoring you and has ceased to care. However, Jehovah the Lord never has those lapses of memory that you experience. He is always able to call your name and He always knows exactly where you are. He is your everlasting strength and victory. If it seems as if He has hidden Himself from you, it is only to help you. He wants you to learn to be strong and to endure during these silent times. As you continue to seek His face and His presence, you will discover secret treasures that have been hidden from those who are less diligent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.