Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, December 08, 2006

12-8-06 Psalms 13:3, 4

Psalms 13:3, 4 (KJ21)
Consider and hear me, O LORD my God; lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest mine enemy say, "I have prevailed against him"; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

Psalms 13:3, 4 (NAS)
Consider and answer me, O LORD, my God; Enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death, Lest my enemy say, "I have overcome him," Lest my adversaries rejoice when I am shaken.

Psalms 13:3, 4 (NIVUS)
Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

Psalms 13:3, 4 (NLT)
Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die. Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.



If your thoughts constantly tell you that your life has never amounted to much and that no one really cares about you, then you need to change your thoughts. Adonai the Lord your God always looks upon you with regard and consideration. He pays close attention to you. When you pray, He hears you and makes sure that you receive the appropriate answer. You should know, however, that He responds in different ways. Sometimes He testifies to you through His word. Sometimes He speaks in a still small voice inside your spirit. At times you might hear a shout or a song may come to your mind, but you can be assured in all that Jehovah the Lord is the One speaking.

There is no one more prominent than Almighty God and you have gained His attention. When Jesus the Christ offered Himself as the ram of sacrifice, He laid down His power, strength, and might momentarily, so that you could become strong. He was the leader and chief and yet He allowed Himself to become food for the enemy on your behalf. Now He is Immanuel, the God who is with us, and He has lightened your life. You shine brightly with His glory and you can look at yourself through His eyes, for you are well-pleasing in His sight. The blood of Jesus has made you right and now your thoughts are coming back into agreement with the Most High God. Because Yeshua the Messiah allowed His body to die, you can be assured that death will not take you prematurely. He suffered your penalty, so that you will not perish and the realm of Death will not be able to claim you.

Previously your enemies seemed to have the upper hand and could say whatever they wished against you. However, now they have been denied that right. They are no longer able to prevail and overcome you with their words of defeat. Even though they continue to boast of their power over you, they are not the victors, for the Lord your God has gained that victory for you. They can no longer squeeze you into a narrow, tight place and you are no longer bound to their distressful attacks. Those that trouble you will not be able to rejoice; they will no be able to move you. You will no longer totter and shake in their presence, for the Most High God strengthens you.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.