Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

11-29-06 Ezekiel 34:25, 26

Ezekiel 34:25, 26 (KJ21)
And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land; and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing, and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.

Ezekiel 34:25, 26 (NAS)
And I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land, so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. And I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing. And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing.

Ezekiel 34:25, 26 (NIVUS)
I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of wild beasts so that they may live in the desert and sleep in the forests in safety. I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.

Ezekiel 34:25, 26 (NLT)
I will make a covenant of peace with them and drive away the dangerous animals from the land. Then my people will be able to camp safely in the wildest places and sleep in the woods without fear. I will cause my people and their homes around my holy hill to be a blessing. And I will send showers, showers of blessings, which will come just when they are needed.


The Lord Jesus made a pledge to His Father that He would give His life to save His people from their sins. Together they established a covenant--a treaty and an alliance--in which men could live in peace. This agreement allows mankind access to God, placing them in a position to become His friends. Through this covenant, Yeshua provided a way for men to become complete and sound; they would be made whole and good. After their restoration, they could receive the rewards that Adonai always intended for them.

As a child of God, you are entitled to all of these benefits. The Lord desires to keep you safe, protecting you from the evil of the world. He does not want you to be sad or unhappy. It is not His will for calamity or distress to come upon you. He does not want the wicked to injure or break you in any way. He will drive away any vicious beast from you; so that you need not fear. He will cause you to dwell in safety, totally secure in Him. Wherever you go, even to the wildest and roughest areas, you will be able to sleep in contentment and peace.

The Lord Jehovah has promised to bless you and to make you a blessing. You have received freely from His hand; He has given you prosperity and health. So that now you can be a source of these to others you meet. The shalom, peace, and contentment that guide your life is something that you can share. As others observe your life of praise and adoration to God, they will learn to praise and bless Him as well. And the Lord will continue to shower His blessings and benefits upon you. As you keep pouring out of what you have received, He will keep pouring more of Himself into you and you will have more to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.