Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

12-21-06 Hosea 13:14

Hosea 13:14 (KJ21)
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O death, I will be thy plagues! O grave, I will be thy destruction! Repentance shall be hid from Mine eyes.

Hosea 13:14 (NAS)
Shall I ransom them from the power of Sheol? Shall I redeem them from death? O Death, where are your thorns? O Sheol, where is your sting? Compassion will be hidden from My sight.

Hosea 13:14 (NIVUS)
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction? "I will have no compassion,

Hosea 13:14 (NLT)
Should I ransom them from the grave? Should I redeem them from death? O death, bring forth your terrors! O grave, bring forth your plagues! For I will not relent!



In horror stories you hear of vampires and zombies, creatures who seem to live even after they have died. However, these monsters are not living full, abundant lives. They must prey on the living to maintain their lives after death.

You, however, can be assured that there is true life after death. Jesus Christ the Lord has ransomed and rescued you from death and has given you life ever-lasting. With His very own blood He has redeemed you and has paid the price that sin demanded. Hell and the grave no longer have power over you; the hand that held you in bondage no longer has strength. Yeshua your Messiah fulfilled and completed all that your punishment and judgment required.

Jehovah the Lord has become a pestilence and plague to hell, death, and the grave. Instead of threatening you, these now are threatened by Adonai the Most High God. They are put to flight by His mere presence. As the Lord is your salvation, He is their destruction. Death cannot seek repentance from Almighty God, for it does show sorrow for its crimes. There is no comfort for or in death and the grave. Those who refuse to repent in sorrow for their sins and to receive the redemption that Jesus offers will be hidden from the eyes of God. For them death and the grave will be everlasting, but for you there will be everlasting life, peace, and comfort in the hands of the Lord your God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.