Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

9-28-06 Proverbs 1:28-31

Proverbs 1:28-31 (KJ21)
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me, because they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would have none of my counsel, and they despised all my reproof: therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own ways, and be filled with their own devices.

Proverbs 1:28-31(NAS)
Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they shall not find me, Because they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof. So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way, And be satiated with their own devices.

Proverbs 1:28-31 (NIVUS)
Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

Proverbs 1:28-31 (NLT)
I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the LORD. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen.



Have you ever called someone on the phone heard a busy signal, even after repeated tries? Or perhaps you have left someone a voice mail or a message on the answering machine, but for some reason, your messages were never acknowledged. In these instances, you would naturally think that there was something wrong in this relationship. You would definitely feel out of favor with that individual.

There will be certain people who will call upon Jehovah the Lord and will only receive a busy signal. Adonai will not even return their calls. He will pay no attention to their cries and will not respond to their pleas. Even if these people get up early to seek God, they will not find Him, for He will not meet with them.

Who are these people that Adonai will not hear? These are the ones who hate knowledge and are ignorant of the ways of the Lord. They would not acknowledge God and in fact, declared themselves His enemies. They choose not to honor and respect Jehovah; they do not realize that this is the most excellent way that they could ever choose. They will not acquiesce to His plans and purposes for their lives. They will not consult with Him for guidance. They scorn and despise God's correction and reproof, even when they know that it is right. They actually flee from the Lord's chastisement and judgment.

Therefore, Adonai has decided to let them live by their own devices. They will only be able to eat the fruit of their meager efforts. They will devour and consume only what they can grow and produce. Even though they may be full, their plans and purposes will only cause them weariness. It will take all of their strength just to survive.

You, however, are always in line for the blessing of God. You have chosen to take His advice and abide by His counsel. Because of this, your hands and work will be prospered. Abundance and plenty will be yours. You will have strength instead of weariness. You will have beauty instead of ashes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.