Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

9-23-06 Proverbs 1:22, 23

Proverbs 1:22, 23 (KJ21)
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love to be simple, and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge. Turn you at my reproof: Behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you; I will make known my words unto you.

Proverbs 1:22, 23 (NAS)
How long, O naive ones, will you love simplicity? And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing, And fools hate knowledge? Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Proverbs 1:22, 23 (NIVUS)
How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.

Proverbs 1:22, 23 (NLT)
You simpletons!" she cries. "How long will you go on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools fight the facts? Come here and listen to me! I’ll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise.




If you are honest, there have probably been times when you have acted silly and foolish. However, you probably do not live a silly, foolish lifestyle, for you have chosen to put your trust in Jehovah the Lord.

There are some people who are silly and foolish by choice. They think that they have open minds, when, in fact, they are deluded and deceived. Their "so-called" open minds make them targets for any enticing or seductive scheme or thought that comes along. They are easily persuaded by flattery and can just as easily be led astray. These people are simple-minded and not open-minded.

There are other people who are scornful and critical of everything and everyone. They only use their mouths to scoff and mock. Derision and ridicule are their trademarks.

Both the fools and the scorners hate wisdom, knowledge and understanding. They think they are smart when they rely on their own wits, but they are really arrogant, dull, and stupid. They are enemies of God. As they grow old, their lack of godly wisdom and perception will wear them out; they will be completely used up.

The Lord pleads with the simple, the fools, and the scorners to return back to Him. He desires their repentance, for He wants to restore, refresh, and repair their lives. If they will listen to Adonai's correction, reproof, and chastisement, the Lord will pour out His Spirit on them. He will give them knowledge, understanding, and perception into His Word. Then the wisdom that they lacked will come to them in abundance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.