Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

9-27-06 Proverbs 1:24-27

Proverbs 1:24-27 (KJ21)
Because I have called and ye refused, I have stretched out my hand and no man heeded, but ye have set at naught all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh, when your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind, when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Proverbs 1:24-27 (NAS)
Because I called, and you refused; I stretched out my hand, and no one paid attention; And you neglected all my counsel, And did not want my reproof; I will even laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your dread comes, When your dread comes like a storm, And your calamity comes on like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come on you.

Proverbs 1:24-27(NIVUS)
But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you—when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

Proverbs 1:24-27 (NLT)
I called you so often, but you didn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you— when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.





There have probably been times when you were out and you saw someone you knew. Perhaps they were not near, so you called out their names. Most of the time if they see and hear you, they respond positively. However, there may have been times when you knew you were being deliberately snubbed. Chances are that you were hurt and became angry at such actions. You can be assured that the Lord God understands your feelings; everyday He is snubbed by the very men and women whom He created.

Adonai daily calls out to mankind in His mercy and love. He invites every individual to partake of the special blessings that He has prepared. Any yet there are many who refuse to listen and often spurn and abhor His words. They treat God with disdain and loathing. When the Heavenly Father extends His hands to do good, these vile people ignore and refuse to see His blessings. They do not approve of or enjoy the things of God.

Even though the Almighty God is patient and long suffering, He will not put up with this behavior forever. He will not always absolve those who refuse to hear His counsel and advice. They are not willing to consent to His correction and rebuke, but want to argue with His reasoning. Instead of seeking justice from God, these people tend to justify themselves.

Then instead of hearing good words from Jehovah, these scorners will hear His scornful laugh; these who mocked the Lord will receive His mocking, when they experience oppression, misfortune, or calamity. Great fear and terror will come upon them when they see their own destruction and ruin. At this point, everything that they hear from God will be unintelligible words; Adonai will sound like a foreigner to them. They will find themselves in the midst of a tempestuous storm. They will be bent down with the force of a whirlwind; after the hurricane passes, only their ashes will be raked together. As Adonai's adversaries, they will see tribulation, anguish, and trouble. They will be compressed, oppressed, and distressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.