Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5-9-06 Psalms 143:8

Psalms 143:8 (KJ21)
Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee.

Psalms 143:8 (NAS)
Let me hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in Thee; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to Thee I lift up my soul.

Psalms 143:8 (NIVUS)
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalms 143:8 (NLT)
Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer.



When a small child awakens in the morning, his first thought is for his mommy or daddy. As a child of God, you want to hear your Father's voice at the beginning of the day. You listen carefully for His kind and loving words. You want to know that you are still in His favor and surrounded by His mercy. You do not want to hear reproof, but you desire that Adonai grant you His grace once again, for He is your refuge. You can trust and be confident in Him. In Him you are secure and have hope.

You seek and inquire of the Lord your God at daybreak. You need Him to show the course that you should take that day. You want to walk according to His will, so ask Him to show you the way. He will advise and instruct you in your journey, for He is your familiar friend, who guides your steps and disciplines your conversation.

Therefore, lift up your soul to the Most High God. Accept what He has prepared for you and He will cause you to advance. You will arise and bear much fruit. Your yield will be great, for you are honorable and respected. The Lord your God looks upon you with high regard.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When you awaken your children, you do it with a smile and a good morning. Some children are grumps and don't want to see the light of day, others embrace it and greet you in like manner. They look to us to start their day with a good start and an itinerary of what today holds for them. It gives them direction and foreknowledge that you will be with them through the day and they have no fears or worries. As they grow, this changes but the direction you start them out on as a parent has everything to do with how their day will evolve. As they become teens and adults the relationship with their Father becomes more directive to their lives than their parents role. How much more does our Father direct our paths each and every day as we open our eyes and hearts to his leading. Good jolt, Nanc!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.