Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Friday, May 19, 2006

5-19-06 Ezekiel 33:7

Ezekiel 33:7 (KJ21)
So thou, O son of man, I have set thee as a watchman unto the house of Israel. Therefore thou shalt hear the word at My mouth and warn them from Me.

Ezekiel 33:7 (NAS)
Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth, and give them warning from Me.

Ezekiel 33:7 (NIVUS)
Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.

Ezekiel 33:7 (NLT)
Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me.



When God Almighty adopts someone into His family, He intends that he build and not destroy the lives of others. You are a son who has been called to build the family name and to repair that which was broken. You have been appointed as a watchman to peer into the distance. You are to observe and to wait on the Lord, for you are a steward and prince in the ruling house of Adonai.

You, therefore, listen attentively for Jehovah's words. Everything that the Lord speaks from His mouth you declare to others. When He commands, you are obedient. You are diligent to listen and give ear to the Most High's advice and counsel. Whether you hear words of blessing or judgment, you proclaim what the Lord your God says. You report on His promises and provision for you, but you also give warning if that is due. Your purpose is to enlighten, admonish, and teach others of God's will and His ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.