Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

4-5-06 Job 23:12

Job 23:12 (KJ21)
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.

Job 23:12 (NAS)
I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.

Job 23:12 (NIVUS)
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Job 23:12 (NLT)
I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.


You know there are things that you cannot live without. Water, oxygen, and food are all necessary to sustain your physical life. There is something else, however, that you need for your total well being and that is the Word of God.

It is important that you determine to never depart from the commandments of the Lord. No matter how you feel, you should never remove them from before your eyes. You should let Adonai's wishes and desires take charge, for in them you find wisdom. Every thing that Almighty God says sweeps away and destroys the works of the enemy in your life. In the end Satan will be wind swept and barren.

Jehovah's word is a treasure that God has stored up for you. In it you will make many hidden discoveries. You, therefore, should esteem and honor that word. Every utterance and promise that comes from the Lord's mouth set limits and boundaries for you. Engrave them on your heart and mind, for they will govern you well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.