Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

3-5-06 Job 9:27

Job 9:27 (KJ21)
If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness and comfort myself,’

Job 9:27 (NAS)
Though I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my sad countenance and be cheerful,’

Job 9:27 (NIVUS)
If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,’

Job 9:27 (NLT)
If I decided to forget my complaints, if I decided to end my sadness and be cheerful,




You may think that you cannot control how you feel, but that is not true. If you are a Christian who tries to follow after the Holy Spirit, you have the fruit of the Spirit and a part of the fruit of the Spirit is self control.

Musing and meditating on your anxieties and troubles will only cause you to speak out your complaints. What you ponder and study will eventually come out of your mouth, for it has gotten into your heart. You, however, can choose not to think nor talk about what is concerning you. You can command yourself to ignore and even forget those troubling complaints

When you make this choice and forsake those negative thoughts and words, you actually may soon begin to smile again. Leaving these bad habits behind will make your life more pleasant. Now the Lord is open to repair and restore what was concerning you. Keeping God's words and thoughts before your face will prevent you from going in that negative direction again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.