Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

3-4-06 Psalms 119:50

Psalms 119:50 (KJ21)
This is my comfort in my affliction, for Thy word hath quickened me.

Psalms 119:50 (NAS)
This is my comfort in my affliction, That Thy word has revived me.

Psalms 119:50 (NIVUS)
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Psalms 119:50 (NLT)
Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.



Are you believing Adonai to fulfill a certain promise to you? Does it seem as if it is taking a very long time to see the manifestation? Are you growing weary and sad in the waiting? If any of these are true for you, then instead of giving up, you need to go deeper into the Word of God.

Perhaps your heart is grieved and you have many regrets. You feel afflicted with misery and poverty. You are oppressed, depressed, and downcast. You even walk stooped and bowed down. You think you have been mishandled and humiliated and you are weak.

Now is the time to let the word of God comfort and console you. In His compassion for you, the Lord will command His promises to come to pass. What He intends for you is what you will have. His Word will revive and quicken you. It will save you from discouragement, faintness, and death. The Lord Most High will restore and refresh you; you will begin to flourish and grow once more. Your life will be restored and sustained as you continue to trust in God's word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.