Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, February 20, 2006

2-20-06 Psalms 59:4

Psalms 59:4 (KJ21)
They run and prepare themselves though I am not at fault. Awake to help me, and behold!

Psalms 59:4 (NAS)
For no guilt of mine, they run and set themselves against me. Arouse Thyself to help me, and see!

Psalms 59:4 (NIVUS)
I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me. Arise to help me; look on my plight!

Psalms 59:4 (NLT)
Despite my innocence, they prepare to kill me. Rise up and help me! Look on my plight!



You know that you are doing your best to follow after the Lord and yet, it seems at times that others only see your shortcomings. You believe you have done nothing to deserve their schemings and wrath against you. You know you have been saved from perversity and depravity. You know that Yeshua, the Messiah, took your punishment upon Himself, so that you could go free. You do not live under the guilt of your former iniquity because you know that Jehovah's blood has completely and permanently eradicated your sin.

Those, however, who do not understand the finished work of the cross, can only see the things that you may do wrong. They are quick to run to spread the "bad" news, for they have prepared for this very time. They are determined to besmirch your reputation. They can only bend, twist, and distort what they see and hear about you.

When this happens, do not let yourself to become depressed or to despair. Adonai, the Almighty God, will awake and arouse Himself to help you. Your enemies will not understand what befalls them when they encounter the Lord. Your God has seen and perceived the lies that have come against you. He will rise in triumph to do away with them and their effects on you.

You can rest in peace, for El-Shaddai's eyes are always on you and He will always look after you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.