Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, February 13, 2006

2-13-06 Psalms 140:7

Psalms 140:7 (KJ21)
O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.

Psalms 140:7 (NAS)
O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.

Psalms 140:7 (NIVUS)
O Sovereign LORD, my strong deliverer, who shields my head in the day of battle—

Psalms 140:7 (NLT)
O Sovereign LORD, my strong savior, you protected me on the day of battle.




Have you heard the expression "Take cover!"? What images come to mind? Do you see people scrambling for some place to hide because there is danger imminent?

Perhaps you feel that there is danger imminent now in your life. Others may be speaking evil things about you. You think you are fighting a battle that you cannot win. And you want to take cover to escape all of the fall out.

There is one place that you can go where you will always be safe. The Lord Jehovah is your salvation and deliverance. He builds a fence around you and hedges you in. He stops the approach of your enemies. He is your protector and liberator, for He is mighty and strong and always prevails. He covers your head, so that you will not take any fatal wounds. Your welfare is always His concern. No lies spoken against you will ever defeat you. Adonai, your God, has made you victorious in any battle.


1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great. I took cover in the Psalms and some of my favorite passages in Isaiah! I found peace and comfort there renewing truth from fiction.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.