Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

2-16-06 Psalms 142:6

Psalms 142:6 (KJ21)
Attend unto my cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.

Psalms 142:6 (NAS)
Give heed to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are too strong for me.

Psalms 142:6 (NIVUS)
Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me.

Psalms 142:6 (NLT)
Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.



When you are speaking with someone, you want them to pay attention to what you are saying. You do not want to see him gazing off into the distance, with a blank stare on his face. You prefer him to focus on you and if need be, to incline his ear towards you, so that he can hear you better.

Likewise, when you cry out to Jehovah, the Lord, you want to know that He is listening to you. Sometimes you may think that if you make enough noise that He will surely hear. You do not need to be concerned about this, for Adonai is your Father and He is always listening for your loudest shout or weakest whisper. He does give heed to your voice.

You may be in a time when you feel oppressed and feeble; now is not the time to cease crying to the Lord. When you are low, dried up, and empty, you need God's help. You may not be equal to what you are facing and your resources may be exceedingly thin. Do not despair; the Almighty is your Defender and Deliverer. He will provide you an escape to preserve your life. He will pluck you from the hand of your enemies. He will rescue you from those who persecute and chase after you with hostile intent. They may hunt for you, but the Lord will spoil their plans. He will save you without fail, even if your adversaries are stronger than you. They may be hard and obstinate, but the Lord is on your side. He is stronger than any of your foes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.