Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Home-Made Bread


Have you ever come home to a house filled with the smell of home-made bread? That is one of nicest and most comforting fragrances that could fill a home. Many people today have not gotten to experience this; our society now moves at such a fast pace that there is no time to make bread, or anything else, from scratch. (Although, some people try to create the same ambiance, using new technologies, such as an electric bread maker.) So generations are now growing up without these simple pleasures.

Although I am not great in the kitchen generally, I do make very good home-made bread and I make it from scratch with no recipe. My mother made bread on a weekly basis and when I was growing up, she taught me her secret. I do not make bread every week like my Mom did, but on special occasions, I get out my mixing bowl and take the time to put all of those ingredients together. And that is time is well spent. Not only do I have a sense of accomplishment after a batch of bread is baked, but others usually get to enjoy the satisfying, finished result.

Today is Home-made Bread Day! Whether you make it from scratch or use a bread maker, why not give your family some comfort and joy today with your home-made bread!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.