Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

3-16-08 Psalm 89:24-26 God's Name Is Your Defense

Psalm 89:24-26 (NAS)
And My faithfulness and My lovingkindness will be with him, And in My name his horn will be exalted. I shall also set his hand on the sea, And his right hand on the rivers. He will cry to Me, ‘Thou art my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.

Psalm 89:24-26 (NLT)
My faithfulness and unfailing love will be with him, and he will rise to power because of me. I will extend his rule from the Mediterranean Sea in the west to the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in the east. And he will say to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adonai, the Lord God, is always firm and secure. He is faithful, steady, and true. You can always trust Him, for He will always build you up and support you. You know that He daily fosters and nurtures you. He is the only thing permanent in your life, which gives assurance to your faith. The Lord desires to be kind to you and show you His abundant mercy. As you behold His beauty, He will bestow His favor and goodness on you.

The Lord has given you His name, which embodies all of His honor, authority, and character. Since you are known by His name, you have the power to use His authority. As an animal uses its horn to defend itself, so is God's name to you. His name is your defense; through it you have power.

The Lord is bringing you into a broad place where you have plenty and more than enough. Because of this you can open your hand to others, allowing them to partake of your bounty. You can dip your hand in the sea and come up with a great yield, for the Lord has given your hand the force and power that you need to mine its riches. When you put your right hand into a river, like the Nile in Egypt, you are flooded with prosperity, for you have chosen what is right and God has blessed you.

Therefore, you can call out to Adonai for you know that He is your Father. He has been the chief and principal influence over you. He is your God, Who is strong, mighty, and great. He is all powerful; to you, He is as the greatest oak tree. You are safe under His branches and His trunk is a sure defense to you. He, as a rocky cliff, is your refuge. Through Him, you have salvation, deliverance, and victory. In Him you have health and prosperity. Now your life is open, wide, and free; for the Lord has rescued you and made you safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.