Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3-11-08 Isaiah 50:7 When the Lord God Helps, You Triumph

Isaiah 50:7 (NAS)
For the Lord GOD helps Me, Therefore, I am not disgraced; Therefore, I have set My face like flint, And I know that I shall not be ashamed.

Isaiah 50:7 (NLT)
Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Adonai, the Eternal God, who is Lord over all, surrounds and protects you. Turn to Him when you need help and He will quickly send you His aid. If the enemy comes against you, he will not be able to wound you. When he throws taunts and insults at you, do not let them confound and confuse you. He cannot make you blush in shame or hurt you; for the Lord, your God, has set you above any reproach.

Therefore, you must determine to trust the Lord Jehovah. Continue to lay down your life, committing your plans, wishes, and desires to Him daily. Steadfastly set your face towards God and you will behold His glory. Bind yourself firmly to His purposes, for in that your dreams will be fulfilled. You will also recover all that you have lost. What was lean will become plump.

You have seen and observed how Adonai has helped you in the past. Now when He instructs you, you recognize His dealings; you are assured and certain that it is the Lord speaking to you. You comprehend and understand His ways for you have become intimately acquainted with Him; He has become your familiar friend.

You know that He will not disappoint you. He will not let your face become pale, nor will He let you become dry. When you put your trust in God, you will not be ashamed, or brought into confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.