Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

11-22-07 John 10:27-28

John 10:27-28 (NAS)
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.

John 10:27-28 (NLT)
My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me.I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me.

John 10:27-28 (Philips)
My sheep recognize my voice and I know who they are. They follow me and I give them eternal life. They will never die and no one can snatch them out of my hand.

You have become a child of the Kingdom of Light. Your wild sinful nature has been exchanged for the gentle and tame nature of a sheep. You now abstain from the works of darkness, not indulging in any vice and criminal activity. You are a child of the day and no longer a creature of the night.

You now belong to Yeshua, the Good Shepherd and with Him you go forward. He has endowed you with the ability to hear His voice. He allows you to perceive and understand His speech, language, and tongue. He has brought you into the light and has made Himself manifest, so that you clearly comprehend who He is.

Even as you know and comprehend the Lord, He also knows you. He understands your thoughts and feelings. He desires an intimacy, like that of a husband and wife, with you. He wants to experience you personally, as you experience Him. He wants you to develop an unwavering trust in Him, so that where He goes, you will follow as His disciple.

Now you have received a life without end, that you have devoted to God. You are blessed with the saving care of your Lord. He protects you from destruction and ruin. You will never perish or be lost. No one will seize or carry you off by force. None can snatch you out of Yeshua's hand. You are continually supported by His might and power, the same power that created the universe. Now He determines and controls your destiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.