Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

9-13-07John 15:5

John 15:5 (NAS)
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.
John 15:5 (Philips)
I am the vine itself, you are the branches. It is the man who shares my life and whose life I share who proves fruitful. For apart from me you can do nothing at all.
John 15:5 (NLT)
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

As a son of God, you have a close relationship and share communion with Jesus. He has declared Himself to be the Vine and you sprout from Him. You are a tender, flexible branch, that draws its nourishment from the Vine.

Now you should remain and abide in Him. As you do, He will hold and keep you continually. Then you will not perish, but live and endure. As you abide in Him, He will likewise abide in you.
When you receive sustenance from Yeshua, you will bear, bring forth, and produce much fruit, which results in advantage and profit. Through your labors, you snatch others from the hands of the enemy and they will obtain eternal salvation.
However, it is only through abiding in the Vine that you will reap such a wonderful harvest. If you are separated and abiding apart from Him, that will not be possible. Your own power, ability, and resources can never achieve God's eternal purposes. You will be able to do nothing.
Therefore, continue to stay close to Jesus and He will make you capable, strong, and powerful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.