Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

6-9-07 Psalms 18: 16, 17

Psalms 18:16, 17 (NIVUS)
He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.

Psalms 18:16, 17 (NLT)
He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He delivered me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.

Psalms 18:16, 17 (NRSV)
He reached down from on high, he took me; he drew me out of mighty waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me; for they were too mighty for me.

Psalms 18:16, 17 (NAS)
He sent from on high, He took me; He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, And from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.





So many natural things have positive aspects, as well as negative ones. Electricity has the power to give you light, but if you approach it incorrectly, it has the power to kill you. Water is something you need to live and the power of water can be so forceful that it brings death and destruction. Hurricane Katrina is a perfect example of the power of natural elements gone wrong.

Sometimes the circumstances of your life may seem like a hurricane set against you. An abundance of flooding, wasting water seems to be rising all about you and you believe that you are going to drown. Satan wants you to thinks that he is more powerful and mighty than God, but he is not.

Adonai is the Most High God, who is elevated above all else. When He looks down from His lofty altitude, He sees that you need His help. He will not forsake you or push you away. Instead He will stretch out His hand to take you out of your trouble; He will pull you out of the flood.

Perhaps instead of bad circumstances, you are surrounded by hostility. You have strong, greedy, and harsh enemies. You actually have people who hate you. You know that they are stronger and harder than you. Without the Lord's help, you know you will never be saved. But God wants to save and rescue you from your foes. He wants you to prevail and not cower in fear and weakness. Therefore, the Almighty snatches you away from their grasp. He delivers you and even recovers the spoils that your enemies have taken from you. You do not need to fear their power and strength any longer, for your God is more powerful than any of your foes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.