Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

3-25-07 Psalms 17:8,9

Psalms 17:8, 9 (KJ21)
Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of Thy wings, from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies who compass me about.

Psalms 17:8, 9 (NAS)
Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Thy wings, From the wicked who despoil me, My deadly enemies, who surround me.

Psalms 17:8, 9 (NIVUS)
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me.

Psalms 17:8, 9 (NLT)
Guard me as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings .Protect me from wicked people who attack me, from murderous enemies who surround me.




When Adonai the Lord created man, He built automatic protection features into the body for those parts that are more vulnerable. The eyes, for example, have been recessed under the brow bone. They also have a lid that closes against light and foreign objects. Tears help to keep the eyes cleansed and free from dirt. When the psalmist David asked the Lord to keep him as the apple of His eye, he knew what he was asking.

You, like David, are kept, guarded, and protected as the pupil of the eye. As God's child and ward, you are constantly being watched over, for you have given the Lord charge of your life. Jehovah keeps you as a special and valuable treasure and you are well preserved. You are carefully hidden and concealed in the shadow of the Most High. The Lord God thrusts you into a corner and covers you with His wings.

The faces of the wicked cannot even look upon you. Criminals will not be able to deal violently with, ruin, or despoil you or your goods. Devastation is not a part of your life. These cannot take away your life or your soul, for you belong to Almighty God. Even if your enemies try to compass you about, surrounding you with their evil, you do not need to fear; you are already hidden in the presence of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.