Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

3-24-07 Psalms 17:6, 7

Psalms 17:6, 7 (KJ21)
I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt hear me, O God; incline Thine ear unto me and hear my speaking. Show Thy marvelous lovingkindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them that put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them.

Psalms 17:6, 7 (NAS)
I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt answer me, O God; Incline Thine ear to me, hear my speech. Wondrously show Thy lovingkindness, O Savior of those who take refuge at Thy right hand From those who rise up against them.

Psalms 17:6, 7(NIVUS)
I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.

Psalms 17:6, 7 (NLT)
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies.





When you enter a room or are walking down a street and encounter someone you know, you want to be able to call them by name and have them remember you as well. Sometimes, however, the name may escape your memory and you are temporarily embarrassed by your lapse. Many times if you admit your human failings, the other person will graciously supply the name. That person may even confess to also not remembering names.

There is one name, however, that you should never forget to call. That is the name of Adonai the Lord God. You know that when you cry out to Him that He will respond and give you an answer. He will stretch and bend down to you, inclining His ear to your voice. He is intent on listening for every utterance that you make so that He can lend you His strength and power.

In God's ears, your voice is distinct and easily distinguishable. You are separated and set apart from all others. Your wonderful Almighty God desires to be good and kind to you. You are never reproached or shamed in His presence. When you seek refuge and run to the Lord for protection, He will save and deliver you, making you victorious at all times. Jehovah's strong right hand will always hold you up and protect you from those who rise up against you. You are safe in trusting and confiding in the Most High.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.