Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Monday, January 22, 2007

1-22-07 Isaiah 45: 2, 3

Isaiah 45: 2, 3 (KJ21)
I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron. And I will give thee the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, who call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Isaiah 45: 2, 3 (NAS)
I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze, and cut through their iron bars. And I will give you the treasures of darkness, And hidden wealth of secret places, In order that you may know that it is I, The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

Isaiah 45: 2, 3 (NIVUS)
I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

Isaiah 45: 2, 3 (NLT)
This is what the LORD says: "I will go before you, Cyrus, and level the mountains. I will smash down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness—secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.



The Lord God has promised you many things and one of those things is that He would go before you. You need to know that wherever you go, He has already walked there. During your journey if you encounter rough places, Jehovah will smooth them out for you. If the path seems unusually crooked, the Lord will straighten it. He will also lead you to a level plain, which you will find to be pleasing and agreeable.

Sometimes you may come up against a closed door, something that blocks your way and keeps you from fulfilling what God has planned for you, what you have dreamed. However, this is only a temporary problem; for the Lord will break down that door, even though it is made of copper or bronze, shattering it in pieces. If you seem surrounded by iron bars, Yeshua will cut those bars apart, setting you free again.

The Lord has stored treasure in secret, obscure places. He has purposely saved this hidden wealth for His sons, for you. Although it has been buried in dark places, the Lord will bring it to light and bestow it on those He loves and has called by name. Jehovah has called your name, inviting you to become His son and to partake of all the riches of His kingdom. He has given you a portion of His treasure store so that you will know and recognize that He is the Lord God of Israel, the One who blesses and raises up His sons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.