Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

1-20-07 Zechariah 9:8

Zechariah 9:8 (KJ21)
And I will encamp about Mine house because of the army, because of him that passeth by, and because of him that returneth; and no oppressor shall pass through them any more, for now have I seen with Mine eyes.

Zechariah 9:8 (NAS)
But I will camp around My house because of an army, Because of him who passes by and returns; And no oppressor will pass over them anymore, For now I have seen with My eyes.

Zechariah 9:8 (NIVUS)
But I will defend my house against marauding forces. Never again will an oppressor overrun my people, for now I am keeping watch.

Zechariah 9:8 (NLT)
I will guard my Temple and protect it from invading armies. I am closely watching their movements. No foreign oppressor will ever again overrun my people’s land.



People who are rich and famous often have body guards because their celebrity status makes them targets. These body guards are usually big and muscular. Their very appearance deters most people from approaching and those that do come near usually do so with trepidation. The celebrity knows that he or she is safer and more protected when the body guard is near.

Although you may not be rich and famous, you have Someone guarding and protecting you that is much more powerful than a human body guard. Adonai the Most High God has promised to encamp around about His people, His family who dwells in His house. He always inclines His head towards you, so that He can hear your smallest whisper. He bends down to extend His mercy and favor to you.

Even if an army is stationed about you, ready to attack, you do not need to fear. When they try to pass through your land, the Lord your God will guard and protect you. He will cut their advance short, sending them back the way they came. Although they came to exert pressure against you, the Lord Jehovah will stop them from oppressing you. No tyrant will rule over you, for Almighty God sees their every movement. Nothing escapes His eyes.

You are the apple of God's eye and the center of His attention. Your enemies cannot stand against His power and might. They will perish and cease to exist, while you will advance and prosper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.