Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

11-23-06 Psalms 69:18

Psalms 69:18 (KJ21)
Draw nigh unto my soul and redeem it; deliver me because of mine enemies.

Psalms 69:18 (NAS)
Oh draw near to my soul and redeem it; Ransom me because of my enemies!

Psalms 69:18 (NIVUS)
Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes.

Psalms 69:18 (NLT)
Come and rescue me; free me from all my enemies.



As the TV series "Cheers" stated on a weekly basis, "Sometimes you want to go where everyone knows your name." Everyone desires to be close to someone. The Lord God has created us to be close to each other. This actually originates in our need to be near to God. In closeness and intimacy with Adonai, there is emotional safety and comfort.

Out of your need, it is important that you invite the Lord to come near. He desires to approach and come nigh unto you. He wants to join His hand to yours and help you take a stand against your enemies. As He breathes His refreshing upon you, your soul will be redeemed. He is your next of kin who has bought you back from death.

Greed, discontent, and lust can no longer hold you; Jesus the Lord has severed their grasp. He has released you from prison; with His own blood He has paid the ransom. He has rescued, delivered, and preserved you from your enemies. Even though these foes hate you, you are safe and secure in the love of God.

Everyone may not know your name, but the God of the universe does. And He desires to show you His love and mercy. Welcome Him into your life and you will be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.