Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

8-20-06 Jeremiah 7:23

Jeremiah 7:23 (KJ21)
But this thing commanded I them, saying, "Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people; and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Jeremiah 7:23 (NAS)
But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.

Jeremiah 7:23 (NIVUS)
but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you that it may go well with you.

Jeremiah 7:23 (NLT)
This is what I told them: ‘Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!’



If you are a parent, you have probably found yourself repeating and repeating things to your children. Perhaps you think that they are not listening or perhaps even though they might be listening, they are not obeying. You, therefore, feel the need to reiterate your words. In this, you are no different than your Heavenly Father.

Here the Lord God declares that He has commanded and charged His people. He has told you what He requires. He wants you to know what He intends and what He has promised you. His word and His speech will either lead you or cause you to flee from Adonai's presence. What He says will either sound like beautiful singing in your ears or like threats and warnings.

Almighty God has commissions and appointments that He has ordained for you, but you will not receive them unless you choose to hear, listen to, and obey God's word. You must pay attention to and show an interest in what He says. As you consent, agree, and yield to His wishes, He will grant your requests. Once you hear His voice, then the Lord requires you to tell and proclaim His words to others.

As you do your part in Adonai's plan, He promises that He will be your God, who rules and judges your life. He will put His strength and power at your disposal, for in your obedience, you will become one of His chosen people, on whom He bestows nobility and wealth. In partnership with the Most High, you become prominent.

Now as you walk about as is your habit, the Lord will lead you along the way. Your path may take you right into the midst of the enemy's camp where you will tread them down in the strength of the Lord. Sometimes, however, God may take you around them or point you anther way. If you are listening to and obeying God's commands, you will always be headed in the right direction. Your life will be good and all will be well with you. You will find that you are well placed and your life will be pleasing, right, and beautiful. In this you can rejoice and be glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.