Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

2-2-06 Psalms 101:3

Psalms 101:3 (KJ21)
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes; I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Psalms 101:3 (NAS)
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.

Psalms 101:3 (NIVUS)
I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.

Psalms 101:3 (NLT)
I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all crooked dealings; I will have nothing to do with them.



You have probably heard the expression, "You are what you eat." This is true to a certain extent, but there are many other factors that contribute to who and what you are. You are influenced by what you see, what you hear, and the company that you keep. All of these are things that you control.

It is important that you do not make it a practice to look at nor consider wicked and destructive things. They are without profit and worthless. These things originate from Satan, who desires to wear you out and use you up. Following after these things will only bring complete and total ruin.

Those who have swerved away from Adonai, the Almighty God, fashion and do things that are not pleasing to Him. You should hate their works, for they are opposed to the One you worship and serve. These have fallen away from the Truth. Do not join in their unfruitful and sinful ways, but cleave and cling to Jehovah the Lord. Follow after His words and ways, for in them you will find life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.