Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

02-05-06 Job 2: 20, 21

Job 29: 20, 21 (KJ21)
My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand. Unto me men gave ear and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.

Job 29: 20, 21 (NAS)
My glory is ever new with me, And my bow is renewed in my hand. To me they listened and waited, And kept silent for my counsel.

Job 29: 20, 21 (NIVUS)
My glory will remain fresh in me, the bow ever new in my hand. Men listened to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel.

Job 29: 20, 21 (NLT)
New honors are constantly bestowed on me, and my strength is continually renewed. Everyone listened to me and valued my advice. They were silent as they waited for me to speak.




Are you looking for the fountain of youth? Do you think you will find it in lotions and potions? Perhaps through some natural means you will be able to stave off old age for a few more years. However, what if you knew there was a better way to remain strong, happy, and healthy?

Through faith in Adonai, the Almighty God, you are in a place to be constantly renewed and refreshed. He will repair everything that is broken in your life. You will also see more honor, glory, and abundance, for the Lord has restored your dignity and reputation. You are no longer a light weight, but a heavy contender. When you come up against your enemies, you will see your bow change in your hand; immediately you will gain new strength, a change for the better.

You will find that others will begin to listen to and hear what you say. When you make proclamations, they will give heed and pay attention to what you say, for they are interested in understanding. Instead of arguments, they will wait in silence to hear you. They will be astonished and astounded; for they know your words are cleansing and purging words. They accept your counsel and purpose; they know that you are not speaking destruction, but are bringing them life and peace. All of this happens because the Lord your God has strengthened and renewed you.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Through faith in Adonai, the Almighty God, you are in a place to be constantly renewed and refreshed. He will repair everything that is broken in your life. You will also see more honor, glory, and abundance, for the Lord has restored your dignity and reputation. You are no longer a light weight, but a heavy contender. When you come up against your enemies, you will see your bow change in your hand; immediately you will gain new strength, a change for the better.

    POWERFUL WORDS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.