Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

4-28-07 Psalms 18:2

Psalms 18:2 (NIVUS)
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalms 18:2 (NLT)
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.





In today's precarious world, where terrorism seems to reign, sometimes you may feel that there is no safe place. If that is the case for you, perhaps you need to change where you are focused. Looking to the government or any other institution of this world's system can bring down your whole countenance and attitude down, but if you will look up, you will find hope.

Jehovah the Lord is your stronghold and security. You are held fast on this Rock, where you have every provision that you need. He is your escape from all of your enemies and allows you to simply slip away from their grasp. Jesus the Lord is your Savior and Deliverer and the God who gives you strength and power. He shields you like a mighty tree or a rocky wall. Nothing can penetrate this defense. As you put your confidence and trust in the Most High God, you know that you can always flee to Him for protection and refuge. He covers you as a shield and buckler. He will ward off any blows that are aimed at you.

The Lord your God causes you to shine, for He has anointed you with the oil of His salvation. He always has your welfare, prosperity, and victory in mind. He, therefore, sets you high above your foes, so that you are inaccessible to them. In Adonai your God, you are always safe and secure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.