Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

1-6-07 Jeremiah 15:16

Jeremiah 15:16 (KJ21)
Thy words were found, and I ate them; and Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart; for I am called by Thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16 (NAS)
Thy words were found and I ate them, And Thy words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16 (NIVUS)
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.

Jeremiah 15:16 (NLT)
Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.


According to the Bible, those who hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be filled. You demonstrate your hunger and thirst for righteousness when you study and consume God's words. When you do this, you will find that Adonai’s words bring joy, exultation, rejoicing and gladness. His words encourage your heart.

Not only do you have access to the words of God, but you are also called by His name, which carries all of His reputation, fame, and glory. That name is Jehovah, the Lord God of Hosts. Jehovah the Lord is the One who wages war against your enemies and He is always victorious. He makes a show of them openly, triumphing over them in all things.

With the Almighty’s words in your heart and His name on your lips, you can do no less than triumph, even as He has triumphed before you.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.