Jolts--Daily Affirmations from God's Word

These Jolts are daily devotionals that show who you are in Christ, what God thinks about you, and how you can grow in the Lord and His word.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

7-29-06 Psalms 9:1, 2

Psalms 9:1, 2 (KJ21)
(To the chief musician: Upon Muthlabben. A Psalm of David)

I will praise Thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will show forth all Thy marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou Most High.

Psalms 9:1, 2 (NAS)
(For the choir director; on Muth-labben. A Psalm of David.)

I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High.

Psalms 9:1, 2 (NIVUS)
For the director of music. To the tune of "The Death of the Son." A psalm of David.

I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

Psalms 9:1, 2 (NLT)
(For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be sung to the tune "Death of the Son.")

I will thank you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.




Singers and musicians are usually held in high regard and are eminent. That is why TV shows such as "American Idol" are so popular. These people glitter and seem brighter than the average. They display confidence and live lives full of splendor.

Adonai chose musicians and singers to superintend the Temple services and the music of the services. Their responsibility, as overseers, was to speak and sing in truthfulness. They had strength to excel and to live victoriously. However, the Lord understood that people may idolize them. He, therefore, gave them reminders of whom they served. The muthlabben, used in the introduction to this psalm, means "to die for the son". Those in music ministry must die to their own goals and desires, as they lift up the name of the Lord in song.

Like David, you need to revere and worship Jehovah, as you extend your hands towards Him in praise and submission. You should continually make confessions of thanksgiving. The Lord must always be at the center of your heart. Your feelings should be transported with love for God. Your will should be submitted to His will. Then your mind will be filled with wisdom and understanding.

You know that Jehovah has done wonderful things for you. Through Him, your life has become distinguished and great. He causes you to rise and accomplish marvelous works. He has separated you from the ungodly and set you high above them. Yours is a singular life. Therefore, you should declare and show others the miracles that God has done in your life. As you write down and recount each one, you will celebrate God's goodness to you.

The Lord God has brightened your life, so that you can rejoice with glee and cheer. You can jump for joy and exult in triumph. You can sing and make melody in praise to the Most High, for you know He is supreme. You can honor honor His authority and lift up His name before others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.